Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Breakfast with Victor


Victor and I had breakfast at the local bagel shop, Big Daddy’s, and I heard it all. Joan stopped by to hear more than all. Victor, who incidently was known to Paul Leaf as a grade school boy in Brighton Beach (and when they met a few years ago, Paul reconfirmed his original opinion ), I have known for 23 years. He has been a Colorado chess champ and has met Bobby Fischer. Victor is a semi-retired insurance salesman; he told me he sold money. He arrived in Boulder on his way to LA and decided to stay. He did marry with three sons and one daughter. Two of his children have died young; his daughter died of an illness and one son died in a home improvement accident in Gustavus Alaska. Victor currently splits his time between Boulder and Las Vegas.

No comments: